MEMA 2018 focus on mental health is in line with the proper recognition of the challenges of a complex humanitarian emergency that has evolved to become one of the leading causes of disability worldwide. In addition, and since we are living in a conflict zone with an enormous array of mental health concerns, it has become a pressing need to raise awareness on mental health issues and enforce mental wellbeing strategies that would scale up responses to improve the mental health and psychosocial wellbeing of the population. Insight into mental health also requires the incorporation of neuroscience into both the mechanisms and mitigating factors for mental disorders, as well as where and how to focus research and treatment.
· Present evidence based information on mental health across the life span
· Indicate latest research updates in psychiatry and mental health
· Provide opportunities and guidelines for research collaborations on mental health in MENA region
· Describe evidence based practices in primary care on mental health screening and management of pediatrics/adolescents, adults and older adults
· Discuss initiatives and interventions to build emotional resilience and prevent bullying and suicide in school aged children and college students
· Describe evidence based mental health management for patients with chronic diseases
· Provide training for health care providers, psychologists and social workers to use the most common neuropsychological screening tools and behavioral management techniques
· Discuss issues related to mental health such as stigma
SPACE SPACE SPACE
SPACE SPACE SPACE
· Mental Health in Primary Care
· Mental Health of Refugees
· Women’s Mental Health and Sexuality issues
· School and College Mental Health Children’s Mental Health
· Updates in Mood and Anxiety Disorders
· Updates in Psychotic Disorders
· Updates in Substance Use
· Disorders Updates in Eating disorders
· Mental Health in Chronic Medical Conditions
· Mental Health in Multiple Sclerosis
· Mental Health Research and Collaboration in the Arab World
· Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychology, etc..
This annual scientific meeting has been designed for local, regional, and international physicians in the specialties of Family Practice, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Pediatrics, Psychology, Psychiatry, Radiology, and Surgery. The program is also designed for Allied Health Professional/Social Worker, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, dieticians, physician assistants, professors, rehabilitation, residents, fellows and students.